Petrol Price Cut by Rs 2.16 a Litre, Diesel by Rs 2.10
Petrol price was on Monday cut by Rs 2.16 per litre and diesel by Rs 2.10 a litre, reversing the four week trend of rising rates.
Image for representation purpose only. (Photo: Reuters)
New Delhi: The price of petrol was cut by Rs 2.16 per litre and diesel by Rs 2.10 a litre on Monday.
The reduction comes on back of a marginal 2 paise a litre increase in petrol and 52 paise per litre hike in diesel rates effected from May 1, PTI reported.
Actual reduction in price will be more after taking into account local VAT.
"The current level of international product prices of petrol and diesel and INR-USD exchange rate warrant decrease in selling price of petrol and diesel, the impact of which is being passed on to the consumers with this price revision," IOC said in a statement.
The movement of prices in the international oil market and INR-USD exchange rate will continue to be monitored closely and developing trends of the market will be reflected in future price changes, it said.
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Barcelona Thrash Sevilla 5-0 to Win King's Cup Again
- Cyber Terrorism: Teen Gets Two Years Jail For Accessing CIA Head's Email Account
- 2018 Volkswagen Polo GTI, Golf GTI & Up GTI Driven: What's So Special about These Performance Cars?
- Natalie Portman Explains Her Absence From Israeli Award; Says Not Boycotting the Country But Benjamin Netanyahu
- CJI Impeachment: Can the Chief Justice of India Be Impeached?