Petrol Price Cut by Rs 3.77 a Litre, Diesel by Rs 2.91
The price of petrol is cut by Rs 3.77 per litre and that of diesel by Rs 2.91 a litre, the first change in rates in two-and-a-half months.
Representative image (Courtesy: AP)
New Delhi: The price of petrol is cut by Rs 3.77 per litre and that of diesel by Rs 2.91 a litre, the first change in rates in two-and-a-half months.
State-owned oil firms cut rates with effect from Saturday midnight. Petrol currently costs Rs 71.14 a litre in Delhi and Diesel is priced at Rs 59.02 per litre.
Petrol price will be cut by Rs 3.77 per litre, excluding state levies, said Indian Oil Corp (IOC). Actual decrease will be larger after taking into account the local levies. Similarly, diesel rate was cut by Rs 2.91, excluding state levies.
Rates were last revised on January 16 when price of petrol went up by 54 paise. On that date, diesel rates were hiked by Rs 1.20 a litre.
"The current level of international product prices of petrol and diesel and INR-USD exchange rate warrant decrease in selling price of petrol and diesel, the impact of which is being passed on to the consumers with this price revision," IOC said in a statement.
IOC said the movement of prices in the international oil market and INR-USD exchange rate shall continue to be monitored closely and developing trends of the market will be reflected in future price changes.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Cristiano Ronaldo-led Juventus Beaten by Swiss Champions, Take Top Spot in Ahead of Man Utd
- Sonakshi Sinha Gets Rusted Iron Piece Instead of Headphones, Amazon Praised for Being 'Impartial'
- Australian Midwife Earns Over 7 Lakh a Year Selling Placenta Smoothies and Keepsakes
- Rajinikanth’s 2.0 is Blockbuster in Hindi too, Kedarnath Rock Solid at Box Office
- After Google's Date With US Lawmakers, What Lies Ahead for Facebook, Twitter And Other Tech Companies?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s