Petrol Price Hiked by Rs 1.23 per Litre, Diesel by 89 Paise
Petrol price was on Wednesday hiked by Rs 1.23 per litre and diesel by 89 paise a litre in sync with rising international fuel rates.
Petrol in Delhi will cost Rs 66.91 per litre from Thursday.
New Delhi: Petrol price was on Wednesday hiked by Rs 1.23 per litre and diesel by 89 paise a litre in sync with rising international fuel rates.
The increase in price, effective midnight, comes on the back of a Rs 2.16 per litre cut in petrol and Rs 2.10 a litre reduction in diesel prices effected from May 16.
Petrol in Delhi will cost Rs 66.91 per litre from Thursday as against Rs 65.32 a litre currently. Similarly, a litre of diesel will be priced at Rs 5.94, as compared to Rs 54.90 at present.
Announcing the price hike, Indian Oil Corp (IOC), the nation’s largest fuel retailer, said the rates have been hiked excluding local state levies or VAT and actual increase will be higher depending on tax rate.
“The current level of international product prices of petrol and diesel and INR-USD exchange rate warrant decrease in selling price of petrol and diesel, the impact of which is being passed on to the consumers with this price revision,” IOC said in a statement.
|Power Grid Corp||194.25||+1.55||+0.80|
Recommended For You
- Cannes chief Thierry Fremaux Checkmates Racing Reviewers, Bans Selfies On Steps
- India U-16 Beat Singapore U-17 3-1 in Youth Invitational Meet
- Elon Musk Deletes Facebook Pages of Tesla, SpaceX On a Twitter Challenge
- Hichki Review: Rani Mukerji Is In Solid Form In This Well-intentioned Film
- S Durga: Tracing The Travails of a Durga in God’s Own Inferno