PNB to Raise Rs 539.50 Crore via Staff Stock Purchase Scheme
The government in March 2017 had allowed public sector banks to offer stock options to their employees.
File photo of a Punjab National Bank. (Reuters)
New Delhi: State-owned Punjab National Bank Wednesday said it will raise Rs 539.50 crore by issuing 10 crore equity shares to its employees under staff stock purchase scheme.
The issue price was decided at the board meeting held today.
A meeting of the remuneration committee of the bank took the decision to offer, issue and allot up to 10 crore new equity share of the bank to the eligible employees of the bank under Punjab National Bank Employee Share Purchase Scheme at a price of Rs 53.95 per equity share, the bank said in a regulatory filing.
The offer will open on November 30 and close on December 10, 2018.
The government in March 2017 had allowed public sector banks to offer stock options to their employees, aimed at retaining experienced hands and better incentives besides a means of capital raise.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 5-Years-Old Recreates 'Up' Moment With Great Grandparents for Birthday Photoshoot
- A Pakistani Pop-Singer is Facing Legal Action for Threatening PM Modi with Snakes
- UK Clothing Brand Trolled for Trying to Sell Indian-Style Kurta as 'Vintage Boho Dress'
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5