Pound Slumps to 31-Year Low Versus Dollar
The pound slumped to a 31-year low against the dollar on Tuesday.
An English five Pound note and coins are seen at a restaurant in the British overseas territory of Gibraltar, July 21, 2016/REUTERS
London: The pound slumped to a 31-year low against the dollar on Tuesday on concerns over the timing of Britain's planned exit from the European Union, according to traders.
British pound slumps to 31-year low versus US dollar: AFP
— ANI (@ANI_news) October 4, 2016
Britain's currency also struck a fresh three-year low point against the euro, while the drops helped pushed London's benchmark FTSE 100 stocks index up to a 16-month high beyond 7,000 points at the open.
Recommended For You
- Rana Daggubati Is All Praises For Keerthy Suresh, Dulquer Salmaan For Their Upcoming Film; See Post
- Prince William Spends Some Time With Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 at Heads of Commonwealth Meeting 2018
- Ranveer Singh Thanks His 'Bae' Zoya Akhtar For Gully Boy, See Post
- Meghan Markle or Vaani Kapoor: Who Wore the Self Portrait Green Dress Better?
- Despite Being An Avenger, Tom Holland Doesn't Look 'Old Enough' To Buy Beer