Practising Company Secretaries to Issue Unique Identification Number For Attested Documents
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) said the move is aimed at strengthening the framework of good governance
New Delhi: Practising company secretaries will soon be issuing a unique identification number for every document attested by them.
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) Tuesday said the move is aimed at strengthening the framework of good governance.
The Unique Document Identification Number (UDIN) would be mandatory for every document except an electronic form, signed or certified by a practising company secretary from October 1.
Apart from preventing counterfeiting of various attestations or certifications, the move would enable stakeholders to verify genuineness of documents signed or certified by practising company secretaries, the ICSI said in a release.
ICSI President Ranjeet Pandey said that under the mechanism, an alpha-numeric number shall be generated for the identification of every document attested by practising company secretaries.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,810.75||3.15|
Recommended For You
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android