RBI Allows Rana Kapoor to Continue as Yes Bank MD, CEO Till January End
Rana Kapoor's present term ended on August 31. However, the RBI had allowed him to continue till further notice.
File photo of Rana Kapoor. (Image: CNBC-TV18/Twitter)
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank has allowed Rana Kapoor to continue as Yes Bank MD and CEO till January 31, 2019, the bank said Wednesday in a regulatory filing.
In June this year, Yes Bank's shareholders had approved the re-appointment of Rana Kapoor as the chief executive and managing director for three years, subject to final approval from the Reserve Bank of India.
His present term ended on August 31. However, the RBI had allowed him to continue till further notice.
"Reserve Bank of India has vide letter dated September 17, 2018 received today, intimated that Shri Rana Kapoor may continue as the MD & CEO till 31 January 2019, and the Board of Directors of the Bank are scheduled to meet on September 25, 2018 to decide on the future course of action," the bank said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Film Body Lifts Ban on Mika; Singer Says 'I Got Visa, So I Went. If You Get One, You'd Go Too'
- Doing a Bamboozle: Meet Astro, the Robodog 'Inspired' by the Human Brain
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- Youtuber Finds GoPro Camera Containing Final Moments of Teenager Who Drowned
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]