RBI Increases Weekly Cash Withdrawal Limit to Rs 50,000
The Reserve Bank on Monday increased the weekly limit on withdrawal of cash from savings bank accounts to Rs 50,000.
People stand in a long queue to withdraw money at an ATM (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: The Reserve Bank of India on Monday increased the weekly limit on withdrawal of cash from savings bank accounts to Rs 50,000.
The limit will be removed from March 13.
Earlier, the RBI had decided to remove the limits on cash withdrawals in two phases, keeping with the pace of remonetisation.
Cash withdrawal limits have been in place since November 8, 2016 following the Narendra Modi-led central government decision to demonetise Rs 500 and 1000 notes.
Government and RBI had imposed limits on withdrawal of money from ATMs and bank branches in view of the currency shortage following demonetisation. These limits, however, are being gradually eased, with RBI pumping in new notes of Rs 500 and Rs 2,000.
The decision to increase the withdrawal limit was taken after the RBI announced its sixth bi-monthly monetary policy review. On the basis of remonetisation, RBI had earlier eased restrictions on cash withdrawal from current accounts, cash credit accounts and withdrawal through ATMs on February 1.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
|Power Grid Corp||198.40||-1.29|
Recommended For You
- Smriti Irani Reveals Why She is Jealous of 'Bro' and Fitness Guru Micky Mehta in Insta Post
- I-League Clubs to be in ISL as AFC-AIFF Decide on Single League Roadmap
- Reliance Jio Says India’s Monthly Data Usage is More Than 9GB Per Subscriber
- Hrithik Roshan, Sussanne Khan Step Out Together for Sunday Brunch with Kids, See Pics
- NASA Satellite Images Show Fires Still Burning May Be Reason for Poor Air Quality in North India