RBI Intervenes as Rupee Falls to Near Record Low
The RBI was spotted intervening in the foreign exchange market after the rupee fell to as low as 68.8350 per dollar on Thursday.
A policeman sitting in front of RBI office/File photo
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) was spotted intervening in the foreign exchange market after the rupee fell to as low as 68.8350 per dollar on Thursday, on the verge of surpassing its previous record low of 68.85 in August 2013, traders said.
The rupee was trading between 68.81 and 68.83 per dollar, compared with its close of 68.56 on Wednesday.
The rupee has been hit hard this month by a rally in the dollar and outflows from emerging markets, as well as worries about the country's demonetisation drive.
|Power Grid Corp||194.20||+1.95||+1.01|
Recommended For You
- Sanjana Sanghi To Star Opposite Sushant Singh Rajput In 'The Fault In Our Stars' Remake
- Toyota Yaris Sedan – All You Need to Know: Price, Mileage, Features and More
- Ranveer Singh Says That He And Deepika Padukone Share A Relationship Of Mutual Respect
- Meghan Markle 'Missing' Online Friends After Surrendering Social Media Accounts
- Esha Deol Reveals First Look of Short Film; See Picture