RBI Sets Rupee Reference Rate at 66.7145 Against US Dollar
The Reserve Bank of India on Wednesday fixed the reference rate of the rupee at 66.7145 against the US dollar and 73.2125 for the euro.
A cashier checks a Rs 500 banknote in Thane, Maharashtra. (FILE PHOTO: GETTY IMAGES)
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank of India on Wednesday fixed the reference rate of the rupee at 66.7145 against the US dollar and 73.2125 for the euro.
The corresponding rates were 66.7268 and 73.5463, respectively on Tuesday.
According to an RBI statement, the exchange rates for the pound and the yen against the rupee were 81.7853 and 64.40 per 100 yens, respectively, based on reference rates for the dollar and cross-currency quotes at noon. The SDR-rupee figure will be based on this rate, the statement added.
Recommended For You
- Proteas Will Play With Same Intensity, Says Dean Elgar
- Show Your True Colors With These Catwalk-approved Alternatives To Red Lipstick
- Schweinsteiger And Wife Ivanovic Celebrate Birth of First Child
- Beyonce Glitters in a Golden Gown by Indian Designers Falguni Shane Peacock
- Stephen Hawking's Last Research Paper Could Prove The Existence of Multiple Universes