Relief for Cash-Strapped Air India as Oil Companies Resume Jet Fuel Supply to National Carrier at 6 Airports
Last month, Indian Oil Corp and other two oil marketing companies had stopped supplies to Air India in Pune, Vizag, Cochin, Patna, Ranchi and Mohali seeking Rs 5,000 crore in unpaid ATF dues.
For Representation. (Photo Courtesy: Twitter)
New Delhi: PSU oil firms on Saturday resumed jet fuel (ATF) supplies to cash-strapped Air India following talks mediated by the government, an official spokesperson said.
Supplies to Air India resumed from Saturday evening, he said. Declining to give details of the agreement reached at talks earlier this week, the spokesperson said Air India has agreed to payment terms for future ATF purchases.
Last month, Indian Oil Corp and other two oil marketing companies had stopped? supplies to Air India in Pune, Vizag, Cochin, Patna, Ranchi? and Mohali seeking Rs 5,000 crore in unpaid ATF dues.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Here's Why Salman Khan is Not Happy with Bigg Boss 13 Venue
- Breakthrough Artiste Radhika Apte Dazzles at iReel Awards 2019 Red Carpet, See Pics
- NASA Reveals Mystery Behind Giant Black Spot Found on Jupiter
- Hasan Minhaj and Crew Allegedly Denied Entry at 'Howdy Modi' Event in Texas
- Why Are Apps on Your iPhone Requesting For Bluetooth? iOS 13 Reveals The Secrets