Retail Inflation Hits 5-month High of 3.81% in March
Retail inflation jumped to 5-month high of 3.81 percent in March on costlier protein items, edible oils and non-food products like fuel and light.
New Delhi: Retail inflation jumped to 5-month high of 3.81 percent in March on costlier protein items, edible oils and non-food products like fuel and light.
Inflation based on Consumer Price Index (CPI) was at 3.65 percent in February.
Protein rich items such as milk & products and eggs were costlier during the month with inflation prints of 5.13 percent and 2.96 percent respectively.
Prepared meals, snacks and sweets prices were also high as prices grew by 6.13 percent.
However, vegetables continued to remain in the negative zone with deflation of (-)8.57 percent in March 2017, as per the data from the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
Overall, food inflation was at 1.85 per cent as against 2.01 percent in February.
For fuel and light category, inflation rose to 5.75 percent for the month.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,525.15||-0.46|
Recommended For You
- Don’t Date Your First Hero: Kareena Kapoor’s Advice to Sara Ali Khan
- Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e Launched: Everything You Need to Know
- Period. End of Sentence: Hope the Oscar Nomination Leads to More Awareness and Donations, Says Guneet Monga
- Samsung Galaxy Fold: Everything You Need to Know About the Folding Smartphone
- Milan Talkies Trailer: Tigmanshu Dhulia Returns to Hinterland, Takes Ali Fazal Along
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s