RIL Consolidated Profit Rises 13.5% to Record Rs 11,640 Crore in Q3
Net profit in October-December stood at Rs 11,640 crore, compared to Rs 10,251 crore profit in the same period a year back.
File photo of Reliance Industries Limited Chairman Mukesh Ambani.
New Delhi: Reliance Industries on Friday reported a 13.5 per cent rise in consolidated net profit to a record Rs 11,640 crore in the third quarter ended December 31, 2019, on the back of continued rise in consumer businesses of retail and telecom.
Net profit in October-December stood at Rs 11,640 crore, compared to Rs 10,251 crore profit in the same period a year back. Consolidated revenue however dipped 1.4 per cent to Rs 168,858 crore, the company said in a statement.
Consumer businesses, which till last year accounted for a quarter of the company's pre-tax profit, contributed a third of EDITDA in the third quarter.
Retail business EBITDA rose 58 per cent to Rs 2,389 crore while telecom arm Jio posted a net profit of Rs 1,350 crore.
Disclaimer: News18.com is part of Network18 Media & Investment Limited which is owned by Reliance Industries Limited.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mehr is Helping Dad Angad Bedi Walk After Knee Surgery, See Adorable Video
- Jabra Elite 75t Review: These Wireless Earbuds Are Absolutely Brilliant And Worth Every Penny
- Tyson Fury Seen Licking Deontay Wilder's Blood During Fight, Fans are Grossed Out
- The One Where They Reunite: The 'FRIENDS' Reunion is Happening, and Fans Cannot Keep Calm
- Coronavirus Impact: Samsung Factory in Korea Shut Down After Employee Tests Positive