Rourkela Steel Plant Records Highest-ever Hot Metal Production on a Single Day
The previous best figure with operations in two blast furnace -- 5 and 1 -- was 11,504 tonnes, achieved on November 25 last year.
Image for representation. (Reuters)
Bhubaneswar: State-run Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) has set a new benchmark by producing 11,940 tonnes of hot metal, the highest ever on a single day.
The previous best figure with operations in two blast furnace -- 5 and 1 -- was 11,504 tonnes, achieved on November 25 last year, RSP said in a statement.
Executive director Raj Vir Singh visited the staff and congratulated the blast furnaces collective for the performance in achieving the feat on Monday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- This Is Why Daniel Craig Was Not 'Allowed' To Drive The Iconic James Bond Car
- Ryan Reynolds Gives Woman Born on Leap Day Her First Legal Drink on 21st Birthday
- Step Up 2 Star Robert Hoffman Shares Dance Tips with Ill Kids In India
- Vivo Z6 5G With Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G Processor, 5,000mAh Battery Goes Official
- WARNING! Update Your Google Chrome Browser Right Now; Nothing Else is as Important