Rupee Adds 6 Paise Against Dollar at 66.67
The rupee moved up further by 6 paise to 66.67 against the dollar on Wednesday, with exporters and banks going on a selling spree of the US currency and a higher opening in the stock market backing it up.
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee moved up further by 6 paise to 66.67 against the dollar on Wednesday, with exporters and banks going on a selling spree of the US currency and a higher opening in the stock market backing it up.
Forex dealers said the dollar faced some headwinds against other currencies overseas after core US inflation rose less than forecast in September.
Continued inflows by foreign funds too supported the uptrend.
The rupee had gained 15 paise to end at 66.73 yesterday on fresh bout of dollar selling amid weak overseas sentiment.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex advanced 80.19 points, or 0.28 per cent, to 28,131.07 in early trade on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Rajummar Rao Models For Patralekhaa; See Picture
- Amitabh Bachchan Expresses Outrage Over 60 Year Copyright Law
- Ranveer Singh Talks About Facing The Limelight, His Style Quotient And Padmaavat
- Zuckerberg Goes 007 Mode: Sets up 'Secret Police' to Find Information Leakers in Facebook
- Rajinikanth Ensured I Ate On Time: Pankaj Tripathi