Rupee Advances 7 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
Forex dealers said that apart from weakness in the dollar against some currencies overseas, increased foreign fund inflows and a higher opening in the domestic equity market, supported the rupee
Image for representative purposes only.
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated by another 7 paise to 64.55 against the dollar in early trade on Friday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange amid sustained selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Forex dealers said that apart from weakness in the dollar against some currencies overseas, increased foreign fund
inflows and a higher opening in the domestic equity market, which zoomed to new highs, supported the rupee.
On Thursday, the rupee had gained 11 paise against the US dollar to end at 64.62.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose by 68.67 points, or 0.22 per cent, to trade at new peak of 30,818.70, surpassing its previous record high of 30,793.43 touched on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2018: KKR Hopeful of Russell, Lynn for Opener vs RCB
- Serena Williams Crashes Out in Miami as Nervous Osaka Advances
- Happy Birthday Rani Mukherji; Read The Actor's Open Letter On Her 40th
- Stars Ooze Glamour at News18 REEL Movie Awards Red Carpet
- Jackie Shroff's Wife Ayesha to be Interrogated as Call Record Scam Grows