Rupee Advances 7 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
Forex dealers said that apart from weakness in the dollar against some currencies overseas, increased foreign fund inflows and a higher opening in the domestic equity market, supported the rupee
Image for representative purposes only.
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated by another 7 paise to 64.55 against the dollar in early trade on Friday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange amid sustained selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Forex dealers said that apart from weakness in the dollar against some currencies overseas, increased foreign fund
inflows and a higher opening in the domestic equity market, which zoomed to new highs, supported the rupee.
On Thursday, the rupee had gained 11 paise against the US dollar to end at 64.62.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose by 68.67 points, or 0.22 per cent, to trade at new peak of 30,818.70, surpassing its previous record high of 30,793.43 touched on Thursday.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- PM Modi Thanks Kapil Sharma for Appreciating His 'Sense of Humour', See Post
- None of the Avengers Can Beat Thanos' Hilarious #10YearChallenge, See Post
- World's Cutest Dog Boo Dies of Heart Break, Take a Look at His Cutest Moments
- Marvel Takes #10YearChallenge, Shares Pictures of Avengers Endgame Characters
- 'Where Art Thou?' Romeo, The World's Loneliest Frog, Just Found His Juliet
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s