Rupee Advances 7 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
Forex dealers said that apart from weakness in the dollar against some currencies overseas, increased foreign fund inflows and a higher opening in the domestic equity market, supported the rupee
Image for representative purposes only.
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated by another 7 paise to 64.55 against the dollar in early trade on Friday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange amid sustained selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Forex dealers said that apart from weakness in the dollar against some currencies overseas, increased foreign fund
inflows and a higher opening in the domestic equity market, which zoomed to new highs, supported the rupee.
On Thursday, the rupee had gained 11 paise against the US dollar to end at 64.62.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose by 68.67 points, or 0.22 per cent, to trade at new peak of 30,818.70, surpassing its previous record high of 30,793.43 touched on Thursday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,554.60||1.81|
Recommended For You
- Gulzar, Poonam Dhillon Attend Khayyam's Prayer Meet; Kapil Sharma Accused of Disrespecting Women
- Nick Jonas Signalling I Love You to Priyanka Chopra is the Gold Standard for Romance
- Nine Nurses Who Went Viral for Being Pregnant at the Same Time Have Now Given Birth
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ Prices Start Rs 69,990: All The Launch Offers
- Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's Weddings to Have This in Common