Seats (2018) 33/59 seats
Andhra Pradesh3/3 seats
Himachal Pradesh1/1 seats
Madhya Pradesh5/5 seats
Uttar Pradesh0/10 seats
West Bengal0/5 seats
Total Strength: 245
Rupee Climbs Another 6 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
Extending its gains for the fifth straight day, the rupee inched up by another 6 paise to trade at a fresh two-week high of 66.44 against the dollar in early trade on Wednesday.
File Photo of a man carrying bundles of Indian currency. (Representative image)
Mumbai: Extending its gains for the fifth straight day, the rupee inched up by another 6 paise to trade at a fresh two-week high of 66.44 against the dollar in early trade today on sustained selling of the American currency by exporters.
Besides, a strong opening in the domestic equity market also boosted the rupee's value against the American currency, but the dollar's strength against some currencies overseas capped the gains, forex dealers said.
The rupee had gained 11 paise to close at a fresh two-week high of 66.50 per dollar yesterday on persistent selling of the greenback by banks and exporters despite a higher dollar overseas.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex was quoting higher by 68.17 points, or 0.24 per cent, to 28,291.87 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- 3 Navratra Recipes that are Healthy and Sumptuous
- Live Cricket Score, South Africa vs Australia, 3rd Test Day 2 at Cape Town: Elgar, Rabada Take Proteas Past 300
- CWG 2018: Buoyed by 2017 Success, Srikanth Chases Golden Dream at Gold Coast
- Zaheer Khan, Sagarika Ghatge Reveal Their Untold Moments of Love in This Candid Video
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4, Mi TV 4A Flash Sale on Mi.com, Flipkart at 12 pm Today: Here is How to Buy