Rupee Declines 7 Paise, Hits Fresh 1-week Low Against US Dollar
The dollar's gains against other currencies overseas on worries over escalating trade tensions between the US and China, also impacted the rupee sentiment.
Image for representation (Photo: Reuters)
Mumbai: Continuing its fall for the second day, the rupee weakened by another 7 paise to trade at fresh one-week low of 68.77 against the US dollar in early session on Friday due to increased demand for the American currency from importers amid sustained foreign capital outflows.
The dollar's gains against other currencies overseas on worries over escalating trade tensions between the US and China, also impacted the rupee sentiment, a currency dealer said.
They said, a higher opening of the domestic equity market, capped the rupee's losses.
On Thursday, the rupee had dropped by 27 paise to close at a one-week low of 68.70 against the US dollar.
Meanwhile, the benchmark Sensex recovered 223.64 points, or 0.60 per cent, to 37,388.80 in early trade.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
|Power Grid Corp||211.15||2.92|
Recommended For You
- Captain America's Peggy Carter Says Her Story with Steve Rogers Had Fitting End in Avengers Endgame
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March