Rupee Down 6 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
In line with domestic equities, the rupee opened 6 paise lower at 64.27 a dollar in early trade on Friday due to increased demand for the US currency from importers and banks amid cautious global sentiment.
Mumbai: In line with domestic equities, the rupee opened 6 paise lower at 64.27 a dollar in early trade on Friday due to increased demand for the US currency from importers and banks amid cautious global sentiment.
Forex dealers said US dollar's gains against rivals overseas in the wake of a string of developments at the global level also had an impact of the rupee.
Global investors appeared cautious in view of exit polls suggesting chances of hung Parliament in the UK, while the testimony by former FBI Director James Comey before the US senate also affected global trading.
Yesterday, the rupee had appreciated by 12 paise against the American currency to end at a three-week high of 64.21 on sustained dollar selling by exporters and banks.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell by 112.14 points or 0.35 per cent to 31,101.22 in early deals today.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Ryan 'Deadpool' Reynolds' #10YearChallenge For Hugh Jackman as Wolverine Will Break Your Heart
- Women Get Respect in Other Countries, But in India People Don't Practise What They Preach: PV Sindhu
- PUBG Mobile 0.10.5 Update Goes Live: Adds Royale Pass Season 5, MK47 Mutant But no Zombie Mode
- After #10YearChallenge, BJP Throws Open #5YearChallenge to Show 'Modi-Era Progress'
- CBI Raid SAI Headquarters, Director Among 6 Arrested in Corruption Case
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s