Seats (2018) 59/59 seats
Andhra Pradesh3/3 seats
Himachal Pradesh1/1 seats
Madhya Pradesh5/5 seats
Uttar Pradesh10/10 seats
West Bengal5/5 seats
Total Strength: 245
Rupee Drops 29 Paise Against dollar in Early Trade
The rupee was trading lower by 29 paise at 66.82 against the American currency in early trade on Thursday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market as the dollar strengthened overseas amid a lower opening of the domestic equity market.
File photo of rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee was trading lower by 29 paise at 66.82 against the American currency in early trade on Thursday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market as the dollar strengthened overseas amid a lower opening of the domestic equity market.
Forex dealers said increased demand for the US currency from importers and the greenback's gains against other currencies overseas after minutes of the Federal Reserves last meeting pointed at an interest rate hike this year, put pressure on the rupee.
On Monday, the rupee had gained 15 paise to end at 66.53 against the American currency on hopes of more foreign capital inflows.
Forex market remained closed on Tuesday and Wednesday on account of Dussehra and Muharram, respectively. Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell by 265.21 points, or 0.94 per cent, to 27,817.13 in early trade on Thursday.
|Power Grid Corp||194.25||+1.55||+0.80|
Recommended For You
- Afghanistan Beat Ireland to Qualify for ICC World Cup 2019
- Shahid Thinks Mira Would Date This Bollywood Star If They Were Not Married
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour S CNG to be Launched at Rs 5.97 Lakh
- Facebook Sells Your Data: Former Cambridge Analytica VP
- Lava Z50 Launched as The First Android Oreo (Go Edition) Smartphone: Price, Specifications And More