Rupee Drops 7 Paise Against Dollar In Early Trade
The rupee was trading lower by 7 paise at 68.25 against the American currency in early trade on Wednesday after the dollar gained strength overseas.
Image for representation (Photo: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee was trading lower by 7 paise at 68.25 against the American currency in early trade on Wednesday after the dollar gained strength overseas.
Forex dealers said increased demand for the US currency from importers and dollar's gains against other currencies overseas put pressure on the rupee.
They said, however, a higher opening in the domestic equity market capped the rupee losses.
Yesterday, the rupee had ended 3 paise higher at 68.18 against the American currency in a range bound trade amid weak dollar overseas.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex recaptured the 27,000-mark by surging 151.01 points, or 0.56 per cent, to 27,050.57 in the opening trade today.
|Power Grid Corp||194.60||0.39|
Recommended For You
- David Dhawan Slaps Son Varun in this Fun Father's Day Video
- ICC World Cup 2019 | Yuvraj Singh Expects Either India or England to Lift World Cup
- Ahead of India Vs Pakistan Clash in the ICC World Cup 2019, Bollywood Memes Are a Hit
- Haryana Roadways Tried to Kill Me: Shooting Sensation Manu Bhaker Posts Photo of Accident
- Meet the Sufi Singer Who Wants to Mix Rap with Her Music
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s