Rupee Drops 7 Paise Against Dollar In Early Trade
The rupee was trading lower by 7 paise at 68.25 against the American currency in early trade on Wednesday after the dollar gained strength overseas.
Representative image. (Image: REUTERS)
Mumbai: The rupee was trading lower by 7 paise at 68.25 against the American currency in early trade on Wednesday after the dollar gained strength overseas.
Forex dealers said increased demand for the US currency from importers and dollar's gains against other currencies overseas put pressure on the rupee.
They said, however, a higher opening in the domestic equity market capped the rupee losses.
Yesterday, the rupee had ended 3 paise higher at 68.18 against the American currency in a range bound trade amid weak dollar overseas.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex recaptured the 27,000-mark by surging 151.01 points, or 0.56 per cent, to 27,050.57 in the opening trade today.
Recommended For You
- Anand Mahindra is Taking 'Indian' Nickname Suggestions For New Car Model and There is a Prize Involved!
- Sadhguru Buys Ducati Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak Edition Worth Rs 21.42 Lakh, His 2nd Superbike
- Iconic Yezdi 250 Motorcycle Modified to Get Bobber Style, Retains Retro Character
- In Pics: Katrina, Jacqueline, Karan Johar Have a Blast at Sidharth Malhotra's Birthday Bash
- Sridevi Bungalow: Twitter Slams Priya Prakash Varrier's Film, Calls It a Sleazefest
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s