Rupee Drops by 23 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee depreciated by 23 paise to 64.78 against the dollar in early trade on Tuesday due to increased demand for the US currency from importers.
Representative photo (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee depreciated by 23 paise to 64.78 against the dollar in early trade on Tuesday due to increased demand for the US currency from importers.
Early losses in stock markets too kept pressure on the domestic unit, dealers said.
Yesterday, the rupee had firmed up by 9 paise to 64.55 on dollar unwinding amid continued political worries in the US.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell by 85.17 points or 0.28 per cent to 30,485.80 in early deals today.
As per provisional exchange data, foreign investors sold shares worth Rs 321 crore on net basis yesterday.
Recommended For You
- CBI Raid SAI Headquarters, Director Among 6 Arrested in Corruption Case
- Alia Bhatt Comes in Support of Mother Soni Razdan’s 'No Fathers In Kashmir'
- Sunil Grover to Return to The Kapil Sharma Show After Filming Salman Khan's Bharat?
- Here's What Happens When You Try To Download 'Uri: The Surgical Strike' Illegally Off The Internet
- Exclusive - Upcoming Mahindra XUV300 Compact SUV Spied Testing Ahead of Launch on 14th February
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s