Rupee Drops by 23 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee depreciated by 23 paise to 64.78 against the dollar in early trade on Tuesday due to increased demand for the US currency from importers.
Representative photo. (Image: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee depreciated by 23 paise to 64.78 against the dollar in early trade on Tuesday due to increased demand for the US currency from importers.
Early losses in stock markets too kept pressure on the domestic unit, dealers said.
Yesterday, the rupee had firmed up by 9 paise to 64.55 on dollar unwinding amid continued political worries in the US.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell by 85.17 points or 0.28 per cent to 30,485.80 in early deals today.
As per provisional exchange data, foreign investors sold shares worth Rs 321 crore on net basis yesterday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Film Body Lifts Ban on Mika; Singer Says 'I Got Visa, So I Went. If You Get One, You'd Go Too'
- Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth Post Contrasting Wins at World Badminton Championships
- Parineeti Chopra Looks Dishevelled And Bloodied in 'The Girl On The Train' First Look
- Youtuber Finds GoPro Camera Containing Final Moments of Teenager Who Drowned
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]