Rupee Drops by 23 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee depreciated by 23 paise to 64.78 against the dollar in early trade on Tuesday due to increased demand for the US currency from importers.
Representative photo (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee depreciated by 23 paise to 64.78 against the dollar in early trade on Tuesday due to increased demand for the US currency from importers.
Early losses in stock markets too kept pressure on the domestic unit, dealers said.
Yesterday, the rupee had firmed up by 9 paise to 64.55 on dollar unwinding amid continued political worries in the US.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell by 85.17 points or 0.28 per cent to 30,485.80 in early deals today.
As per provisional exchange data, foreign investors sold shares worth Rs 321 crore on net basis yesterday.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 12: Karanvir Bohra Feels Left Out after Dipika Kakar, Sreesanth Team Up to Save Themselves From Nominations
- Upcoming 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to Deliver 25.47 kmpl Mileage, Petrol Rated at 19.34 kmpl
- Google Celebrates Mickey Mouse's 90th Birthday With Special Features For Home Mini
- This Revelation About the 'Eight of Diamonds' Playing Card Has Left Twitterati in Disbelief
- Vicky Kaushal: I Have Stood in Queues for Hours Behind 150 People to Land a Role