Rupee Edges up 3 Paise Against Dollar
The rupee made a tepid start on Wednesday by recovering a mere 3 paise to 64.05 against the dollar. Banks and exporters got into fresh selling of the US currency, which lost ground overseas too.
Image for representation.
Mumbai: The rupee made a tepid start on Wednesday by recovering a mere 3 paise to 64.05 against the dollar. Banks and exporters got into fresh selling of the US currency, which lost ground overseas too.
What kept the rupee gains on a leash was a muted opening in domestic equities. On Tuesday, the rupee had closed lower by 3 paise at 64.08 on fresh spell of dollar demand.
Meanwhile, the benchmark Sensex fell 57.74 points, or 0.18 per cent, at 30,524.86 in early session on Wednesday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,557.45||2.60|
|Power Grid Corp||207.60||-1.68|
Recommended For You
- Kartik Aaryan Shares First Promotional Still From Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2, See Pic
- Did 'Sacred Games' 2 Have an Obvious, Glaring Error in its Season Finale Episode?
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships