Rupee Firms up 12 Paise as Dollar Slips Overseas
The local currency had closed with a mere loss of 1 paisa at 64.92 yesterday. Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 72.53 points, or 0.24 per cent, to 29,574.89 in early trade.
Representative image (PTI Photo)
The rupee gained traction in the final session of 2016-17 as it strengthened by 12 paise to 64.80 against the US dollar early on Friday on increased selling of the American currency amid continued foreign inflows.
Besides the increased selling activity of the greenback by banks and exporters, dollar's weakness against other currencies overseas led to the rupee's climb. However, a lower opening in the domestic equity markets capped the rupee's gain, traders said. The local currency had closed with a mere loss of 1 paisa at 64.92 on Thursday. Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 72.53 points, or 0.24 per cent, to 29,574.89 in early trade.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,586.35||-4.78|
Recommended For You
- Adchithooku: Dale Steyn Asks Twitter What's Up, Gets Bowled Over by Tamil Film Song Promos
- Australian Midwife Earns Over 7 Lakh a Year Selling Placenta Smoothies and Keepsakes
- Kapil Sharma-Ginni Chatrath's Wedding Sangeet: Guests Have a Blast With Krushna, Bharti
- Priyanka, Nick Return to Mumbai Hand in Hand After a Brief Romantic Getaway, See Pics
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Actor Parul Chauhan is Now Married! Check Out the First Photos of the Newlyweds
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s