Rupee Firms up 8 Paise against Dollar at 64.35
The benchmark Sensex rose 131.48 points, or 0.41 per cent, to 32,035.88 in early session
Image for representation (Photo: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee strengthened 8 paise to 64.35 against the dollar on Friday on heightened selling of the US currency by exporters and banks, with stronger domestic stocks providing support.
The dollar hit a nearly two-year low against the euro after the head of the European Central Bank said tapering of its stimulus will be on the table this autumn.
A higher opening in the domestic equity market contributed to the upside.
On Thursday, the rupee had lost 15 paise to close at 64.43 a dollar on the back of fresh demand for the American currency from importers and banks.
Meanwhile, the benchmark Sensex rose 131.48 points, or 0.41 per cent, to 32,035.88 in early session on Friday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- Airtel TV App Rebranded to Airtel XStream; More Than 350 Live TV Channels in Tow
- Doing a Bamboozle: Meet Astro, the Robodog 'Inspired' by the Human Brain
- Woman Sets Fire to Creepy 'It' Clown Doll which Floated into Her Backyard
- HS Prannoy Trumps Lin Dan to Enter Round 3 of World Badminton Championships