Rupee Gains 17 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
Rupee strengthened by 17 paise to 68.04 against the dollar in early trade at Interbank Foreign Exchange on fresh selling of the US currency by exporters and banks.
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: Rupee strengthened by 17 paise to 68.04 against the dollar in early trade at Interbank Foreign Exchange on fresh selling of the US currency by exporters and banks.
Further, forex dealers said, weakness in the dollar against some other currencies overseas, supported the rupee.
Moreover, a higher opening in the domestic equity market influenced the rupee uptrend, they added.
Yesterday, the rupee had tumbled by over 25 paise to close at 68.21 against the US dollar on renewed worries over fall in the country's economic growth coupled with concerns regarding quarterly earnings due from this week.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex recovered by 139.09 points, or 0.52 per cent, to 26,865.64 in early trade.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,640.30||1.56|
Recommended For You
- Nissan Kicks Compact SUV Launched in India for Rs 9.55 Lakh, to Rival Hyundai Creta and Mahindra XUV300
- Daughter Riddhima Shares Throwback Photos on Rishi and Neetu Kapoor's 39th Wedding Anniversary
- Cardiff Striker Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Suspected Plane Crash
- Video of Sara Ali Khan and Malaika Arora Working Out Together is Breaking the Internet, Watch Here
- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Heavily Trolled for Flaunting Holographic Outfit Copied from International Brand
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s