Rupee Gains 17 Paise in Early Trade
Continuing its uptrend, the rupee firmed up by another 17 paise to 66.65 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Representative image (PTI Photo)
Mumbai: Continuing its uptrend, the rupee firmed up by another 17 paise to 66.65 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Besides, the dollar's weakness against some currencies overseas supported the rupee but a lower opening of the domestic equity market capped the gain, forex dealers said.
On Thursday, the rupee had gained 14 paise to close at 66.82 a dollar on fresh selling of the American currency by banks and exporters on the back of weakness of greenback in the overseas market. Forex market was closed on Friday on account of Shivratri.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex down 80.09 points, or 0.27 per cent, to 28,812.88 in morning trade.
|Power Grid Corp||196.35||1.97|
Recommended For You
- Padmaavat Row to Tanushree Dutta’s Courageous Fight: Top 7 Bollywood Controversies of 2018
- Wish I Were from Pakistan: Sonu Nigam Takes a Jibe at Music Industry for 'Ignoring' Indian Singers
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018 Winners: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is the Best Budget Smartphone of The Year
- Deepika Spills Beans On Her First Date With Ranveer, Says 'Won't Forget That Moment'
- Shah Rukh Khan on Zero: If This Film Doesn't Work, Maybe I Won't Get Work for 6 or 10 Months
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s