Rupee Gains 2 Paise Against American Dollar at 64.55
A higher opening in domestic stocks supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
A man holding counterfeit currency in his hands.(Image for representation only. )
Mumbai: The rupee edged up 2 paise to 64.55 against the US dollar in early trade at the interbank forex market on Thursday on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Besides, a higher opening in domestic stocks supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
However, the dollar's recovery against some currencies overseas restricted the local unit's upmove. Yesterday, the rupee had lost further ground to end at a near two-week low of 64.57 against the US currency, falling by 5 paise on sustained demand for the dollar from importers despite a strong rebound in equities.
Meanwhile, benchmark BSE Sensex rose 190.36 points, or 0.57 percent, to 33,139.57 in early trade on Friday.
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019: Chetan Sharma Compares His World Cup Hat-Trick to Shami’s
- GST Council to Consider Reducing Tax on Electric Vehicles - Anurag Thakur
- Kabir Singh Earns Rs 70.83 Crore, Shahid Kapoor 'Feels So Special' with Fan Response
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Arrive in Paris Ahead of Joe Jonas-Sophie Turner's Wedding, See Pics
- Audio Technica M50xBT Review: If You Are Serious About Music, These Headphones Cannot be Missed
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s