Rupee Gains 30 Paise Against Dollar in Early Session
The rupee made good some of its losses by strengthening 30 paise to 64.37 against the US dollar in early trade today on fresh selling of the American currency by banks and exporters.
Mumbai: The rupee made good some of its losses by strengthening 30 paise to 64.37 against the US dollar in early trade today on fresh selling of the American currency by banks and exporters.
Besides, weakness of the dollar against other currencies overseas supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
They said a lower opening of the domestic equity market and weak macroeconomic data with retail inflation jumping to 5-month high of 3.81 per cent in March and industrial output contracting 1.2 per cent in February capped the rupee's gain.
On Wednesday, the rupee had ended lower by 17 paise to 64.67 against the US dollar with forex market sentiment taking a hit over growing geopolitical tensions at the global level.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex dropped by 73.15 points, or 0.28 per cent, to 29,570.33 in early trade.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Shazam! Teaser: All Set For Action Drama, DCEU's New Superhero is Not So Serious, Watch Video
- Yamaha Motorcycles India Launches Updated FZ-Series, FZ25 and Fazer-25, Prices Start at Rs 95,000
- Amitabh Bachchan: I'm Alive Today Because of Bal Thackeray
- 2019 Hyundai Creta Prices to Start at Rs 9.60 Lakh, Gets New SX(O) Executive Trim Variant
- India vs New Zealand: India’s Chance to Set a Few Records Straight in New Zealand
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s