Rupee Gains 5 Paise Against US Dollar
On Monday, the rupee faced a temporary hitch and retracted from its two-year high to close at 63.80 a dollar by tumbling 22 paise.
Representative photo. (Image: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee firmed up 5 paise to 63.75 against the US dollar in early trade on Tuesday over fresh selling of the American currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market.
Besides, weakness in the dollar against some other currencies overseas and a higher opening in the domestic equity market supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
On Monday, the rupee faced a temporary hitch and retracted from its two-year high to close at 63.80 a dollar by tumbling 22 paise after the four-day strong rally lost momentum on sharp recovery of the US currency.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 70.10 points, or 0.21 per cent, to 32,343.77 in early session on Tuesday.
|Power Grid Corp||194.60||0.39|
Recommended For You
- 18 Years of Lagaan: Aamir Khan Shares Emotional Post and Thanks Ashutosh Gowarikar
- ICC World Cup 2019 | Yuvraj Singh Expects Either India or England to Lift World Cup
- Ahead of India Vs Pakistan Clash in the ICC World Cup 2019, Bollywood Memes Are a Hit
- Haryana Roadways Tried to Kill Me: Shooting Sensation Manu Bhaker Posts Photo of Accident
- Ola Cab Driver's Gesture after a Passenger Lost his Wallet in the Cab is Heartwarming
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s