Rupee Gains 5 Paise More Against US Dollar at 67.90
The rupee advanced 5 paise to 67.90 against the US dollar in early session on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
File photo of Indian rupee.(Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee advanced 5 paise to 67.90 against the US dollar in early session on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Besides, a higher opening in domestic stocks and fresh foreign fund inflows kept the domestic unit in good spirits, forex dealers said.
However, the dollar's recovery against some currencies overseas restricted the rupee's upmove.
The rupee continued its impressive run against the broadly weak dollar for the second straight day on Tuesday, surging by a solid 15 paise to end at 67.95 amid hopes for a speedy rollout of GST.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 133.63 points, or 0.49 percent, to 27,369.29 in early trade.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Google 2019 Trends: Kabir Singh to Avengers Endgame, Top 10 Movies of the Year
- Google Top Trends 2019: Cricket World Cup Most Searched News Event in India
- Nusrat Jahan Wins Hearts After Posting a Photo with Toddler Selling Balloons
- Pakistani Fans Roast 'Injured' Pacer Hasan Ali for Walking Down the Ramp With 'Rib Fractures'
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles