Rupee Gains Eight Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee gained eight paise against the US dollar on Monday to trade at 70.10 in on selling of the US currency by exporters and banks.
Image for representation. (Image : Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee gained eight paise against the US dollar on Monday to trade at 70.10 in on selling of the US currency by exporters and banks.
The dollar was weak against major currencies in global markets, which supported the local currency, a currency dealer said, but choppy trend at the stock exchanges limited the gains.
The rupee opened a shade lower at 70.19 a dollar against the previous close of 70.18 a dollar. It moved in a range of 70.21 to 70.12 a dollar in early trade before quoting at 70.10, showing a gain of eight paise.
On Friday, the rupee snapped its four-day rising streak by falling 48 paise to close at 70.18 against the US currency due to month-end dollar demand and sharp losses in domestic equities.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell by 34.30 points, or 0.11 per cent to 35,703 in early choppy trade Monday after rising to 35,872.02.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Steve Harvey Goofed up Costume Winner at Miss Universe 2019 and Internet Had a Déjà Vu Moment
- I-League 2019-20: Srinagar Airport 'Inoperative', Real Kashmir FC's Next 2 Games Cancelled
- Ramya Krishnan on Comparisons Between Queen and Kangana Ranaut's Thalaivi: Our Show will Release First
- Walmart Apologises for Putting up Christmas Sweaters Featuring Santa Doing Cocaine
- Sania Mirza's Sister Anam Feels Grateful, Shares Snaps of Her Bridal Shower on Social Media