Rupee Goes up 3 Paise Against US Dollar
The rupee made a modest but positive start on Friday by edging up 3 paise to 64.56 against the US dollar.
Image for representative purposes only.
Mumbai: The rupee made a modest but positive start on Friday by edging up 3 paise to 64.56 against the US dollar.
The appreciation in value of the local unit, which has been losing ground for the past three days, followed fresh selling of the American currency by banks and exporters.
According to dealers, a positive opening in domestic stocks and a weakening dollar overseas supported the rupee. Oil prices are on the way up and US Treasury bills fell.
On Friday, the rupee depreciated by 7 paise to end at a fresh three-week low of 64.59 on steady dollar demand amid a global oil decline.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 74.65 points, or 0.23 per cent, to 31,365.39 in early trade on Friday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Is Radhe Your Most Wanted Bhai a Follow-up to Tere Naam or Wanted? Salman Khan Finally Answers
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- BCCI Chief Sourav Ganguly Wore His Team Blazer From 19 Years Ago, Fans Go Gaga Over 'Dada Swag'
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked