Rupee Goes up 5 Paise Against Dollar to 65.06
The benchmark BSE Sensex rose 154.01 points, or 0.46 per cent, to 33,513.91 in early session.
Image for representation. (PTI)
Mumbai: The rupee firmed up 5 paise to 65.06 against the dollar on Tuesday, set off by fresh selling of the US currency by exporters and banks.
The local unit received some good support from higher domestic equities. But a strong dollar overseas kept the rupee in check.
On Monday, the rupee had retreated from its near one-week high and ended lower by 10 paise at 65.11 in a restricted trade amid stray dollar demand.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 154.01 points, or 0.46 per cent, to 33,513.91 in early session on Tuesday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
|Power Grid Corp||211.15||2.92|
Recommended For You
- Party of Four on the Way: Lisa Haydon Announces Second Pregnancy with Adorable Post
- Karan Johar's Wish List for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Reboot Has Ranveer, Alia, Janhvi
- Gay Penguin Parents Who Tried to Hatch Stone Get Presented With Real Egg
- Bajrang Punia to Get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it