Rupee Moves up 13 Paise to 65.29 Against US Dollar
The benchmark Sensex went up 81.98 points, or 0.25 per cent, to 33,115.54 in opening trade.
Image for representation. (PTI)
Mumbai: The rupee, marking a turnaround, registered a 13-paise jump to 65.29 against the dollar early on Tuesday after exporters increasingly turned away from the American currency.
The dollar losing some of its lustre overseas and a better opening in domestic equities supported the rupee lift, traders said.
on Monday, the rupee had plunged 26 paise to an over one-month low of 65.42, faced with continuous demand for the US currency.
Meanwhile, the benchmark Sensex went up 81.98 points, or 0.25 per cent, to 33,115.54 in opening trade on Tuesday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
|Power Grid Corp||198.40||-1.29|
Recommended For You
- Inside Kapil Sharma, Ginni Chatrath's Baby Shower Party
- Bigg Boss 13: Salman Khan Announces Sidharth Shukla to be Rashami Desai's Slave, She Refuses
- NASA Satellite Images Show Fires Still Burning May Be Reason for Poor Air Quality in North India
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria