Rupee Opens 10 Paise Higher Against US Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee fell by 17 paise to close at 71.24 against the US dollar on Wednesday amid a flare-up of tensions between India and Pakistan.
Mumbai: The rupee rose 10 paise to 71.14 against the US dollar in opening trade at the interbank forex market Thursday on mild selling of the greenback by exporters and a higher opening in the domestic equity market.
Traders said unabated foreign fund inflows too supported the recovery in the Indian rupee.
Meanwhile, the dollar rose from a three-week low overseas as investors grew cautious about US-China trade talks.
The rupee fell 17 paise to close at 71.24 against the US dollar Wednesday amid a flare-up of tensions between India and Pakistan.
Meanwhile, foreign institutional investors (FIIs) remained net buyers in capital markets, putting in Rs 423.04 crore on a net basis Wednesday, as per provisional data.
The benchmark BSE Sensex recovered 132.56 points, or 0.37 per cent, to 36,037.99 in opening trade.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
|LIC Housing Fin||428.05||-7.63|
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,544.15||1.64|
Recommended For You
- Kia Seltos SUV Gets its Own Twitter Emoticon On Launch Day, Here's How it Looks
- Sara Ali Khan Gives Fans Yet Another Reason to Adore Her As She Clicks Selfie With Kids at Airport
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- The Viral Instagram Post Which You Just Saw is a #Hoax And Your Data is Fine
- Airtel TV App Rebranded to Airtel XStream; More Than 350 Live TV Channels in Tow