Rupee Opens Lower by 15 Paise Against Dollar
The rupee lost 15 paise to trade at a fresh two-week low of 64.68 against the dollar in early part on Friday as the American unit strengthened overseas on upbeat data.
File photo of Indian rupee.(Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee lost 15 paise to trade at a fresh two-week low of 64.68 against the dollar in early part on Friday as the American unit strengthened overseas on upbeat data.
Upbeat US economic numbers gave investors reason to hope that the Federal Reserve will stick with its plan to hike rate, which put pressure on the rupee.
Forex dealers said the greenback's gains against other currencies overseas helped, which complemented the increased demand for the US currency from importers.
On Thursday, the rupee took a hefty knock by plunging 23 paise to close at a two-week low of 64.53 a dollar after the US Federal Reserve delivered the widely expected rate hike and maintained a hawkish tone, going forward.
The benchmark Sensex recovered by 107 points, or 0.34 per cent, to 31,182.73 in the opening trade today.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
|Power Grid Corp||211.15||2.92|
Recommended For You
- DDCA to Name Stand After Virat Kohli in Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium
- Did 'Sacred Games' 2 Have an Obvious, Glaring Error in its Season Finale Episode?
- Shraddha Arya Suffers Head Injury While Performing on Nach Baliye 9, Actress Momentarily Blacks Out
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it