Rupee Rebounds 24 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee recouped sharply by 24 paise to 64 against the US dollar in early trade on Tuesday on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market.
Representative photo (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee recouped sharply by 24 paise to 64 against the US dollar in early trade on Tuesday on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market.
Forex dealers said weakness in the dollar against other currencies overseas supported the rupee.
Further, a higher opening in the domestic equity market gave the uptrend some momentum, they added.
On Friday, the domestic unit ended lower by 8 paise at 64.24 a dollar on sustained month-end demand for the US currency from importers and banks.
Forex market remained closed yesterday on account of "Maharashtra Day".
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 134.33 points, or 0.44 per cent, to 30,052.73 in early session on Tuesday.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,640.30||1.56|
Recommended For You
- Titans Review: A Mix of Noir and Rib-cracking Action Makes this DC Show on Netflix Worth a Watch
- Hard to Find a Corner to Relax - Djokovic Concerned About 'Big Brother' Cameras
- Video of Sara Ali Khan and Malaika Arora Working Out Together is Breaking the Internet, Watch Here
- How a Group of Muslims are Feeding TSA as US Government Shutdown Continues For 32nd Day
- Samsung to Stop Making Flagship Phones in India, Protesting Phased Manufacturing Programme
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s