Rupee Recoups 14 Paise in Early Trade
The rupee made a comeback early on by recovering 14 paise to 64.49 against the dollar at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on Thursday after fresh selling of the US currency by exporters amid foreign fund inflows and a higher opening in the domestic equities market.
Image for representative purposes only.
Mumbai: The rupee made a comeback early on by recovering 14 paise to 64.49 against the dollar at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on Thursday after fresh selling of the US currency by exporters amid foreign fund inflows and a higher opening in the domestic equities market.
Besides, a weak dollar overseas also supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
In the previous trading session on Tuesday, the rupee tumbled 32 paise to end at a fresh three-week low of 64.63 against the resurgent dollar amid frantic demand for the American unit from importers. This was the rupee's biggest single-day loss this year.
Forex market remained closed on Wednesday on account of 'Buddha Purnima".
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 98.52 points, or 0.32 per cent, to hit yet another peak of 30,346.69 in opening trade on Thursday.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable & DTH: Everything You Need to Know Ahead of the Feb 1 Deadline
- Could Facebook be Hit With Record Fine For Privacy Violations Involving Our Information?
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2019: No cost EMI, Exchange Offers, Instant Discount on Phones, TVs, Laptops And More
- Bumrah Bowls the Best Yorker in World Cricket Currently - Akram
- Marvel Takes #10YearChallenge, Shares Pictures of Avengers Endgame Characters
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s