Rupee Recoups 5 Paise Against Dollar
The rupee edged higher by 5 paise to 68.71 against the US dollar at the forex market in early trade on Tuesday on fresh selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Representative image. (Image: REUTERS)
Mumbai: The rupee edged higher by 5 paise to 68.71 against the US dollar at the forex market in early trade on Tuesday on fresh selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
The rupee on Monday had tumbled by 30 paise to end at a fresh 2016 low of 68.76. It had hit an intraday low of 68.80 mainly due to deteriorating sentiment and worsening impact of fund outflows. The rupee has shed 3.95 per cent of its value since the beginning of 2016.
Weakness of the dollar against some currencies overseas and early gains in the domestic equity market supported the rupee today, dealers said.
Foreign investors have pulled out close to USD 5 billion from the capital markets in November so far amid concerns over the impact of demonetisation mingled with an imminent rate hike by the US Federal Reserve.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex was trading higher by 108.84 points, or 0.41 per cent, at 26,459.01 in early trade today.
|Power Grid Corp||194.25||+1.55||+0.80|
Recommended For You
- 'Embarrassed' Smith Refuses to Step Down as Captain After Ball Tampering Incident
- 'Felt Violated': Mahira Khan Opens Up on Leaked Photos With Ranbir Kapoor
- Sonam and Anand All Set to Tie the Knot in Geneva? Deets Inside
- S Durga: Tracing The Travails of a Durga in God’s Own Inferno
- Shahid Thinks Mira Would Date This Bollywood Star If They Were Not Married