Rupee Slips After Early Recovery, Down 7 Paise
The rupee edged higher by 7 paise to 68.09 against the US dollar at the forex market in early trade today on fresh selling of the American currency by exporters.
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee slipped from its initial recovery, dropping 7 paise to Rs 68.23 in late morning deals following bouts of dollar demand from importers despite higher domestic equities.
The rupee opened higher at 68.13 per dollar as against last yesterday's closing level of 68.16 at the Interank Foreign Exchange (Forex) market.
Later, it hovered in the range of 68.24 to 68.09 per dollar during the morning deals, it was quoting 68.23 at 1030 hours.
The dollar Index is trading down by 0.01 percent at 100.87 against a basket of six currencies.
Overseas, the US dollar took a breather against basket currencies in early Asian trade, as investors consolidated the gains built on expectations of increased fiscal spending and higher inflation under a Trump administration.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex was trading higher by 83.75 points or 0.33 per cent at 25,848.89 at 1050 hrs.
Recommended For You
- Huawei Launches Its Triple-Camera Flagship P20 Pro in India Alongside P20 Lite: Price, Specifications And More
- Sachin Tendulkar Turns 45 - When The Master Spoke
- Sanjay Dutt Biopic Teaser Set To Release Today, Here's What We Know So Far
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Celebrates Birth Of New Daughter, See Pic
- ‘Cancelled Ola Ride as Driver Was ...,’ Controversial Tweet Triggers Hilarious Memes