Rupee Recoups 8 Paise After Dollar Stumbles
The rupee made a mild comeback as it recovered 8 paise to 64.55 against the dollar today after fresh selling of the US currency amid a higher opening in domestic equities.
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee made a mild comeback as it recovered 8 paise to 64.55 against the dollar on Wednesday after fresh selling of the US currency amid a higher opening in domestic equities.
A weak dollar overseas supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
Meanwhile, the dollar index fell to a near three-week low on disappointing US housing starts data.
Yesterday, the rupee had lost 11 paise to close at 64.63 on dollar demand from importers as growing geopolitical unrest hastened the flight to safety.
The benchmark BSE Sensex rose 54.45 points, or 0.18 per cent, to 29,373.55 in opening trade on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor Walk Down Memory Lane On The Ramp
- Indian Football Will Benefit From Corporate Investment at Grassroots, Says Eugeneson Lyngdoh
- Thiem Downs Djokovic in Monte Carlo to Set Up Nadal Clash
- Badumbaaa: Big B, Rishi Kapoor Turn Singers To Take You On A Jolly Ride In 102 Not Out First Song
- Throwback Thursday: When Sanjay Dutt Said He'd Marry Madhuri Dixit If Given an Option