Rupee Recovers 6 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
Stock markets opening with gains also backed the rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee recovered 6 paise to trade at 63.98 against the dollar at the interbank foreign exchange in early trade on Wednesday on fresh selling of the US currency by banks and exporters.
Dealers said fresh selling of the greenback by exporters and banks and the dollar's weakness against other currencies overseas supported the rupee.
Stock markets opening with gains also backed the rupee, they added.
On Tuesday, the rupee had fallen by 11 paise to 64.04 a dollar on persistent demand for the American currency from banks and importers.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose by 57.08 points, or 0.17 per cent, at 32,215.74 in early session.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Swara Bhasker Taking Off Her Heels on the IIFA Green Carpet is Basically All of Us
- Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Taimur Forget Way to Pataudi Palace, Locals Catch Them for Selfies
- Priyanka Chopra Plans the Perfect Birthday Outing for Nick Jonas
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get
- OnePlus 7T With Round Triple-Camera Module Revealed in Official Press Image