Rupee Rises 10 Paise Against US Dollar in Early Trade
Dollar's weakness against some currencies overseas and early gains in domestic equity market supported the rupee.
Mumbai: Continuing its upward journey for a third straight day, the rupee strengthened by another 10 paise to 70.97 against the US dollar at the interbank forex market on Friday on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Dealers said dollar's weakness against some currencies overseas and early gains in domestic equity market supported the rupee.
On Thursday, the rupee had gained 26 paise to end at 71.07 against the US dollar as gains in domestic equities bolstered forex market sentiments.
The benchmark BSE Sensex rallied by 253.42 points, or 0.71 per cent, to 36,448.52 in opening trade Friday.
Meanwhile, foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) sold shares worth a net of Rs 94.45 crore, and domestic institutional investors (DIIs) purchased shares worth Rs 389.96 crore Thursday, provisional data showed.
|Power Grid Corp||210.45||3.11|
Recommended For You
- Not Salman Khan, But This Actor Was the First Choice to Play Chulbul Pandey in Dabangg
- Move Over PUBG, Indian Air Force is Releasing a Mobile Game Complete with 'Gunslinger Moustache'
- Andre Russell Prepares for India with Late Evening Nets Session
- Best and Worst Day of my Cricketing Life – Guptill Looks Back at World Cup Final
- PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Beta Update: New UI, Helicopters, Zombie Mode Update and More