Rupee Rises 9 Paise to 71.02 Versus US Dollar in Early Trade
On Wednesday, the rupee had appreciated by 23 paise to end at 71.11 against the US dollar.
Mumbai: The rupee darted up 9 paise to 71.02 against the US dollar in early trade Thursday amid a reversal in foreign fund outflows even as oil prices hardened.
At the Interbank Foreign Exchange (forex) market, the domestic unit opened slightly higher at 71.06 and built on the gains to reach 71.02.
Snapping a four-session downturn, the rupee had appreciated by 23 paise to end at 71.11 against the US dollar on Wednesday.
Foreign institutional investors (FIIs), who had been heavy sellers over the past few sessions, net bought equities worth Rs 713.47 crore Wednesday, provisional data showed.
Brent crude futures, the global oil benchmark, was trading 0.24 per cent higher at USD 67.24 per barrel.
The dollar index, which gauges the greenback's strength against a basket of six currencies, rose 0.07 per cent to 96.52.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex climbed 19.16 points, or 0.05 per cent, to trade at 35,775.42 in early trade Thursday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Plumber's Re 0 Invoice for 91-Year-Old Ill Woman Earns Him Praises on Internet
- Images of Mars' Icy Dunes Might Make You Crave for Some Ice-Cream
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says He Deserves to Win More Ballon d’Or Awards Than Messi
- Here is How Much The Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro And iPhone 11 Pro Max Will Cost
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022