Rupee Runs Up More Losses, Down 8 Paise Against Dollar
The rupee weakened further by 8 paise to 66.59 against the dollar on Thursday following increased demand for the American currency from importers.
File photo of rupee.
Mumbai: The rupee weakened further by 8 paise to 66.59 against the dollar on Thursday following increased demand for the American currency from importers.
Forex dealers said strength of the dollar overseas also weighed, but a higher opening in the domestic equity market capped the losses.
On Wednwsday, the rupee had lost 5 paise to end at 66.51, halting its rally of three straight sessions on fresh demand for the American currency from importers and banks amid a bout of global risk aversion.
The benchmark BSE Sensex recovered 103.56 points, or 0.36 per cent, to 28,324.54 in early trade on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Facebook-Cambridge Analytica Data Leak: How The Scam Has Shaken The Politics Worldwide
- Amitabh Bachchan Returns To Mumbai After Thugs Of Hindostan Shoot, Ready To Work On Future Projects
- Top 5 Motorcycles to Buy in a Budget of Rs 3 Lakh to Rs 7.5 Lakh
- Salman Khan Bats For Jacqueline Fernandez's Performance In 'Ek Do Teen' Remake; See Tweet
- Indians Are Warning 'The Fault In Our Stars' Author About the Bollywood Remake