Rupee Sheds 7 Paise Against US Dollar
The benchmark BSE Sensex was trading lower by 85.12 points, or 0.25 per cent, at 33,639.32 in opening deals.
Image for representation.
Mumbai: The rupee depreciated by 7 paise to 64.57 against the US dollar in early trade on Tuesday at the interbank foreign exchange on month-end demand for the American unit from importers and banks.
However, weakness in the US dollar against some currencies in the global market limited the rupee fall, brokers said.
On Monday, the rupee had gained 20 paise to end at a fresh two-month high of 64.50 against the dollar even as S&P kept India's credit rating unchanged.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex was trading lower by 85.12 points, or 0.25 per cent, at 33,639.32 in opening deals.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Meets Pilot Who Built a 6-Seater Aircraft on His Terrace
- Indian Government Procures Hyundai Kona Electric SUV for Senior Officials
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display