Rupee Shines on Macro Data Lift, Climbs 19 Paise to 64.89
A stronger opening in domestic stocks and the dollar's reduced strength against some currencies overseas kept the rupee on a firm ground, traders said.
Image for representation.
Mumbai: The rupee strengthened 19 paise to 64.89 against the US dollar on Friday, buoyed by a set of positive economic data.
Industrial production expanded to a 9-month high of 4.3 per cent in August while retail inflation was stagnant at 3.28 per cent in September compared to the previous month.
A stronger opening in domestic stocks and the dollar's reduced strength against some currencies overseas kept the
rupee on a firm ground, traders said. But continuous outflow of foreign money kept the upmove in check.
On Thursday, the rupee had appreciated by another 6 paise to end at a fresh one-week high of 65.08 on continued selling of the greenback.
The benchmark Sensex was trading higher by 211.04 points, or 0.66 per cent, at 32,393.26 in early session on Friday.
Recommended For You
- Ali Fazal Catches Up with Game of Thrones Actress Nathalie Emmanuel, See Pic
- Bollywood Star Taapsee Pannu Gifts Jeep Compass Worth Rs 21.34 Lakh to Sister Shagun, Shares Video on Instagram
- From Politicians to Movie Stars, Women are Sharing Their Favourite Saree Photos on Twitter
- Did Netflix Just Give Out the Biggest Spoiler About Sacred Games 2 with this Cryptic Tweet?
- TVS Young Media Racer Program 2019 Round 2: Has Anyone Seen My Footpeg?