Rupee Slides 15 Paise Against Dollar
The rupee fell further by 15 paise to 64.64 against the US dollar on Wednesday, with a lacklustre domestic stock market casting its shadow on the movement.
Image for representation (Photo: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee fell further by 15 paise to 64.64 against the US dollar on Wednesday, with a lacklustre domestic stock market casting its shadow on the movement.
Increased demand for the American currency from importers and banks meant there was sustained foreign capital outflows.
The dollar's weakness against some currencies overseas, however, kept the fall to a minimum.
Yesterday, the rupee had ended marginally lower by 6 paise to 64.49 against the US dollar in a range-bound trade on fresh bouts of demand for the greenback amid caution among investors ahead of GST rollout from July 1.
The benchmark BSE Sensex fell 62.55 points, or 0.19 per cent, to 31,234.98 in early trade today.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,814.50||3.29|
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- These Stairs from the Iconic Scene in 'Joker' Have Now Become a Popular Tourist Destination
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- Ravi Shastri Sleeping During India-South Africa Match is the Internet's New Favourite Meme
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know