Rupee Slides 6 Paise to 64.59 Against US Dollar
The rupee traded lower by 6 paise at 64.59 against the US dollar in early part on Tuesday, pressured by a lower opening in the domestic stock market. Increased demand for the American currency from importers and banks kept the dollar in fine shape.
A man holding counterfeit currency in his hands.(Image for representation only. )
Mumbai: The rupee traded lower by 6 paise at 64.59 against the US dollar in early part on Tuesday, pressured by a lower opening in the domestic stock market. Increased demand for the American currency from importers and banks kept the dollar in fine shape.
Forex dealers said the euro hitting a 10-month high against the greenback, however, capped the rupee's fall.
Yesterday, the rupee had settled almost flat at 64.53 against the US currency following fag-end dollar demand. Meanwhile, the benchmark Sensex moved down by 76.62 points, or 0.24 per cent, at 30,881.63 in early trade on Tuesday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How PM Modi Overtook Donald Trump and Became the Second-Most Followed Leader on Social Media
- This Rescued Deer Keeps Coming Back to the Family Who Saved Him
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022